2020 North Carolina Azalea Festival Boxing Applications
April 04-05, 2020
2020 North Carolina Azalea Festival's
42nd Annual Boxing Tournament
1st Master Tournament
Sponsored by the North Carolina Azalea Festival at Wilmington, Inc
and Friends of Boxing, Inc.
Friday, April 5 - Sunday, April 7, 2019
With Special Guest
2020 North Carolina Azalea Festival Queen
Sanction Number: 2020North Carolina Azalea Festival Boxing Tournament is held under the sanction of North Carolina USA Boxing Inc.
Date: April 3rd, 4th, & 5th, 2020 Host: Wilmington, North Carolina
Host Hotel & Registration: Sleep 5225 Market Street Wilmington, NC 28405 Rate: $99.00(910-313-6665. MainStay Suites 5229Market Street Rate 109.00(910)392-1741, (MainStay is right beside Sleep Inn) Quality Inn 4926 Market St. $72.00 (910)-791-8850
Venue: Wilmington, NC Convention Center515 Nutt St. Wilmington, NC 28401
Contact Person: Coach Andre Thompson, Cell- 910-622-5382, Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or Kristen McKnight (910) 890-2312, firstname.lastname@example.org or Cassandra Barbra 630-373-2865 email@example.com
Entry Procedure: Must Pre-register on line with NC Azalea Festival Website. Entry Fee $10.00 before or on April 2, 2020
Online Entry Deadline: April 2, 2020. All online application & roster must be turn in by April 2, 2020
Online Registration: Log on to NC Azalea Festival Website. Online will close April 2, 2020, Boxers can also logon USA Boxing Website, & NC Azalea Festival Website, or Ringside, Inc. Website
Confirmation: All boxers name, age & number of bouts need to be text, email or call into Coach Andre.
Walk in/Paper Registration: $20 Entry Fee Friday April 3 at 5p-8p. Need to be early enough to be in draw.
Arrival Date, & Registration, Friday April 3, 5pm-8pm at Sleep Inn
General Weigh-ins: 5pm-8pm Friday Night (All Boxers must Weigh-in on Friday To Be Place In Draw, Drawing: 9pm after Registration, Official Weigh-in 8am-9am on Saturday Morning
Event Day/Dates & Start Time: Saturday April 4 at 2:00pm & Sunday April 5at 2:00pm
Weigh-In: Sunday 8:00am to 9:00am at Hotel
NO registration on Saturday or Sunday! Boxers need to weigh in on Friday to be in the draw.
Classification of Boxer:
Novice: Less than 10 Bouts, Open: More than 10 Bouts (Boxer can box in the open division with five bouts)
Youth /Men 17-18 & 19-40: 108,114,123,132,141,152,165,178,201,201+ (Three 3minute Rds.)
Youth /Women 17-18 & 19-40: 106,112,119,125,132,141,152,165,178,178+ (Three 3minutes Rds.)
Junior Men 15-16: 101,106,110,114,119,125,132,138,145,154,165,176, 176+
Female 15-16: 106,110,114, 119,125,132,138, 145, 154,165,176, 176+
Intermediate Boys & Girls 13-14: 101,106,110,114,119,125,132,138,145,154,165,176, 176+
8: must turn 8 by April 5, 2018
Master Division: 35-UP: 101-108,114,123,132,141,152,165,178,201,201+
- All athlete & coaches must have passbook. For boxers 2020 sticker & physical & red book for coaches with 2020 sticker.
- All Boxers must have Annual Year Physical Form attach Passbook.
- You can’t use the register profile (paper-work) in place of your passbook. All boxers must have a passbook before they enter the ring.
- Boxer must go online to preregister before April 3, 2020: Please text/call 910-622-5382 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm registration.
- If Boxer misses online registration, they can due walk-in registration-5p-8p. $20 entry fee.
- Boxer & Clubs must also call, email, & text boxer’s roster in to Coach Andre Thompson 910-622-5382 or email email@example.com for confirmation.
- Must commit weight on Friday night registration.
- All boxers will Weigh-in on Friday night.
- Boxers must commit to one (1) weight class at tournament registration (General Check in) Weights are final.
- No weight allowance. All boxers must be on weight.
- Registration & General Weight-in will be from 5pm-8pm on Friday Night. All Boxers must Weigh- In on Friday Night To Be Place in Draw.
- Official Weigh-in Saturday Morning 8am-9am
- 18 years olds can elect to go up to 19 Elite Division.
- Awards will be giving out on Sunday with exception some awards will be giving out on Saturday.
- Scales will close promptly at 8pm.
- Age determination is based on the boxer’s age as of April 3, 2020 & Date of Birth.
- You must provide your own Headgear, Cup, & Equipment for boxer & corner.
- Championship Belts will go to 1st place Winner and medals or trophies will go to runner up.
- All Boxers must have passbook & up-to-date 2019 Sticker.
- NC Boxers & Coaches need to be current register before April 3, 2020.
- Please print receipt page & Confirmation Number.
- All boxers must be current register with USA Boxing.
- Mrs. Linda Williams will not being doing registration at event.
- Coaches & Clubs can now register their boxers under one club.
- All coaches must have Red Book! Passbook must show up-to-date clinic or pass clinic.
- Length of RDS: Male & Elite & Senior (18-40) 3-3 Minute Rd, Youth (15-16) 3-2 Minute Rds (17-18)3 -3 Minutes Rds
- All Females age 17-& up 3 3 minutes rds.
- Age will be determined by Date of Birth.
- A Trail Scale will be available.
- Hand-wraps or Gauze can be used for competition.
Direction to Hotel
From: (HWY I-40) Take 40 East into Wilmington, look to your left & you will see Corning Company on your left. You will be coming in on South College Rd & coming up on a Bridge. Slow Down on top of bridge & turn right at Sign HWY 17, coming off the bridge you will turn left & hotel will be on your Right. (Sleep Inn )
From: (HWY 74-76) Take 74 East into Wilmington & Crossover bridge & make a left turn off the bridge onto 3rd St. Burger King will be in front of you on your left. Make left turn at Burger King and keep traveling down 3rd & make a right turn Market St. Stay in your right lane & travel down Market St. & hotel will be on your left.
From: (421) & all other direction you will follow the same direction at from above.